Monday, October 9, 2017

Cheers!


From coast to coast, The Cross Canada Hotel Bar Hop in last month's EnRoute Magazine highlights some of the most well-known - and dare I say, venerable - Canadian hotel watering holes, such as the Roof Lounge at the Park Hyatt Toronto and the Library Bar in the Fairmont Royal York.

On a recent site visit to "Cowtown" this past summer my client and I bellied up the bar at ONE18 Empire, in the newly renovated Marriott Downtown, Calgary. We were duly schooled in the history of Canadian prohibition, and yes the story about the guys who died in the Empire Hotel fire in a poker stand off.



There are few others mentioned in the article that I can (memorably) cross off my personal "been there, drank that" list, including the Dom Perignon Bar in the phemomenal Palm Court of the Ritz-Carlton, Montreal - and, oh, I'm getting thirsty now - so will be adding the rest to my (ice) bucket list.





No comments:

Post a Comment